Divorce Decree


For those seeking Long-Term Resident due to a divorce [Part 1]


I want to apply for a Long-Term Resident because my spouse and I are considering a divorce… Many of these questions are sent to us, Asakusa Legal Support. It is true that the status of Long-Term Resident makes one's residence very "stable" as there are no limitations on the activities one can carry out while residing in Japan. However, obtaining the Long-Term Resident is not so simple. Please discuss your options with your spouse again before filing for divorce. A list of applications for Long-Term residents made public by the Immigration Bureau. The list demonstrates the cases in which the ...

Business Info Visa

Online Visa Consultation


Asakusa Legal Support offers you Free Online Consultation Service. Let’s talk about your visas, work and life in Japan with our Specialists. Please check the details below. Price: Free Topic: Open your company, Marriage, Divorce, Permanent Residence, Inviting your family from overseas, Naturalization, Life in Japan etc. Language: English, Japanese or Portuguese Duration: 30 minutes Please contact us using Facebook Messenger by clicking the "Chat" button below. Chat


Business Visa

The first step to start your own business in Japan: Business Manager Visa


Some people from overseas seek a chance to open their company in Japan. But, wait for a moment! Everybody has to prepare very carefully when trying to start a business. In this post, we’ll talk about what you need to know when you open your company. Five Million Yen First of all, please check the description on your residence card (Zairyu Card) when you've decided to open your company. If there are any work restrictions on your residence card as listed below, you must change your status of residence to a Business Manager (also known as “Business Manager Visa”). 就労不可 ...


10 things you need to know about Permanent Residence in Japan


Asakusa Legal Support always receives messages from people from foreign countries such as “I want to be a Permanent Resident” or “What is the requirement for Permanent Residence ?”. It is not easy for everyone to be a Permanent Resident in Japan but we believe that everyone has a chance if you prepare for your application carefully. Here, we will explain 10 things you need to know about Permanent Residence in Japan. 1. Period of Stay Basically, you must stay in Japan for more than 10 years according to “Guidelines for Permission for Permanent Residence” by Immigration Service Agency of ...

Mount Fuji


List of Status of Residence and Period of Stay in Japan


Here is a List of Residence and Period of stay in Japan. This table is modified from Appended Table II (Re. Art. 3) of Regulation for Enforcement of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act. Status of Residence Period of Stay Diplomat Period during which the foreign national engages in the activities listed in the right-hand column corresponding to "Diplomat" specified in the Appended Table I (1) of the Act. Official 5 years, 3 years, 1 year, 3 months, 30 days, or 15 days Professor 5 years, 3 years, 1 year, or 3 months Artist 5 years, 3 years, 1 year, ...

Copyright© Asakusa Legal Support , 2023 All Rights Reserved.